Saturday, May 17, 2008



Went to the local market today and got tons of berries, terribly tasty raspberries, beguiling blueberries and gigantor strawberries! My boyfriend and I were sure they would be watery and basically flavourless but we were proven wrong. Juicy, sweet, plump and eaten in no time. Somehow my NoNo was sure that I had two to his every one but I assured him he was mistaken-it was three! Hehheh, I think he knew though cuz we both giggled like silly teens and he pinched my cheek with love. Check out the size of those suckers in the pics, no, they were not organic. Yes, I know that strawberries are like sponges for toxins but at $6.00+ for organic, I had to pass, (for now). We were ok with it though, so you need not worry! =D
Birthday plans are in the works for the coming weekend, I, of course end up making dinner and the cupcakes because gluten-free is not in my best friends repetoire. We're talking about a woman who only made kraft dinner and nutella sandwiches when I first met her, I am happy to report, she has since upgraded to asparagus and the occasional calamari if cooked right. Praises, Lord, Praises! Oh! Yaya how I adore thee! LOL!
I will be making carrot cupcakes with mixed spices and cream cheese frosting, lemon burst cupcakes with lemon burst buttercream frosting. Dinner,(Yeah, I started with dessert cuz it's way more important than anything else we eat. In my book it's part of the fifth food group-sugar and chocolate!) shall be saltfish and bakes with plantain. I need to figure out the salad but I am thinkin' strawberry and avacado with a honey-balsamic reduction, or a crisp green bean and loquat with a sesame and white grape drizzle. Either or, I will have to see what looks fresh and tasty. I will have pics and recipes to post when it's all said and done. I am so looking forward to 33, it's a turning point. I really feel like it's gonna be the year when it all comes together, I am loving the opportunities and the blessings. Give thanks and keep on keepin' on! I think I need me some Jill Scott tunes while I head into the business plan fray.
Demain c'est toujours frais, sans erreur dedans. Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it.

No comments: