Sunday, May 25, 2008

A week gone by already!





Wow! I can't believe how much can happen in a week to keep you from having time for yourself. New job and all the excitement and stress of opening a new kitchen, this week was menu items, equipment purchasing and receiving, as well as finding employees. How we will be open in the next 2 weeks is anybody's guess but we are all enjoying getting there and working super hard to make it a reality. We got some sexy new fridges and a gorgeous Bakers Pride convection oven that I am thinkin' would look great in my new apartment. Zoning might be a problem but is a convection oven-who could possibly complain? Hmmmm. I think it will do better where it is...for now.;P Above are pics of Mel and Steph setting up our new gear, I know it's boring for some but it floats my boat and that's a little bit of alright!


I have been cooking like crazy the last two hours, managed to make some slammin' ceviche, a classic dilly potato salad ( I had a craving), butter bean, rosemary lemony stoup, asparagus quiche and last but not least, a divine apple and blueberry pie with a cinnamon crumble topping. I am trying to gear up for the week ahead and prepared food is one less worry during the week for sure and mighty delish!:P

I will say my sweetheart treated me to a lovely birthday and I finally got my marble mortar and pestle I have been procrastinating on buying. What a wonderfully pleasant surprise! I also received all those fantastic kitchen extras that one seems to always lose during a move. I will admit, I can't wait to use my new Hello Kitty toaster in a few weeks. It even toasts Hello Kitty on your toast! Whoo hoo! Hey, I never said I grew up completely. Lol!

No comments: