Monday, April 21, 2008

New Flavour!

Last night I worked on a new flavour, Strawberry and vanilla bean cupcake marbled with dark chocolate with a jasmine and strawberry chocolate ganache.
I think I am getting the hang of gluten-free flours for cupcakes, had a bit of a scare when I lost some of the volume of my eggs but it all came out beautiful in the end. Everyone loved the strawberry pieces in the cupcakes and the frosting was rich and smooth,I decided to reheat it and add a bit more icing sugar and vegan margarine to tone down some of the acidity. I preferred the strawberry cupcakes I made on the side without the marble but that's because I have never been a marble cake kinda lady. My son scarffed down three and my roomie ate one-liked the cupcake but didn't like the frosting because he doesn't like softer frostings-they can't all be buttercream my friend but to each his own. I didn't enjoy this success too much because my shoulder was really hurting by the end of the night due to this case of tendonitis that's flared up in my shoulder. I know I am supposed to be resting it but that's all I've been doing since last Wednesday, that's really good for someone like me who suffers from ants in da pants syndrome.
I will try to put up a pic if there's any left by the time my camera recharges.

No comments: